VP of Marketing & Alliances - Remote
Company Honest Jobs
Location Denver, Colorado
Note: This role can be based in Colorado, Georgia, Missouri, New York, or Ohio
1 in 3 Americans has a criminal record and 1 in 11 have a felony conviction. On average, it takes people 8.5 months to find a job after incarceration and the average pay is under $7,000 per year. Honest Jobs helps people impacted by the criminal justice system to find better jobs faster.
Our team has built the nation’s leading employment platform for people impacted by the justice system, employers who hire them, and professionals who support them. We have offices in Denver, CO, and Columbus, OH, and about 15 employees so far. It’s an exciting time to join a rapidly-growing startup that’s making a real impact!
We're looking for a VP of Marketing & Alliances to develop strategies to engage nearly 19 million target users: job seekers with felony convictions. You’ll report to the CEO and work closely with the VP of Strategy & Business Development, who is focused on engaging fair-chance employers. Initially, you’ll have one direct report (a Marketing Associate), with the opportunity to build and lead a team over time. We’re looking for someone who is passionate and proud about what we get to build, and why - someone who wants to use their talents for meaningful impact and social good.
An idea of your immediate priorities:
- Gain a detailed understanding of our business, including the dynamics of demand from fair-chance employers, supply of job seekers, and economics of our business model
- Gain a detailed understanding of how job seekers engage with our platform, our current practices around outreach, touchpoints, and support, and metrics we track
- Take ownership of our current and prospective alliances and partnerships, working with CEO to prioritize efforts and to map out and implement near-term strategies
- Identify and implement some quick wins to help us reach near-term growth targets
Of your core responsibilities:
- Act as a role model and steward of Honest Jobs’ culture and values
- Build and maintain a comprehensive job seeker acquisition strategy - e.g., alliances, partnerships events, social media, thought leadership, SEO, content marketing, product marketing, performance marketing, PR/media coverage
- Strike a balance between longer-term strategic brand-building activities, mid-term market adoption, as well as quick wins to achieve targets
- Utilize data and analytics to track KPIs (e.g., new users, source, engagement, and CAC), evaluate marketing effectiveness, prioritize efforts, ensure efficient and sustainable growth
- Support a culture of structured experimentation and iteration to drive user growth
- Ensure consistent messaging that is aligned with our brand and value proposition
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders, across functions
- Partner with our executive team, product, and business development to scale strategies that drive meaningful business impact (e.g., distribution, acquisition, and customer LTV)
And of your longer-term priorities:
- Build and lead a diverse, dynamic, high-performing team to meet the evolving needs of our business, including hiring primarily people with felonies
- Support the creation and growth of new products and own the corresponding go-to-market strategies on the job seeker / alliance side
- Strengthen our analytics capabilities over time, including insights, attribution, and growth trends throughout the full-funnel experience, to help us refine user acquisition, engagement, and re-engagement efforts
Skills and Experience
- Alignment with the values and culture of Honest Jobs, including a demonstrated dedication to meaningful impact and social good
- Experience driving large-scale user acquisition using a variety of methods, including traditional marketing, alliances, and scalable tech solutions (e.g., product integrations)
- Expertise in quantifying, analyzing, and optimizing marketing and growth initiatives
- Strong business and financial acumen, including B2B and B2C, marketplace dynamics, and financial levers
- Bias to action and desire to operate and lead others in a lean, data-driven, process/systems-focused, and KPI-oriented way
- Appreciation for and enjoyment of tactical work (e.g., drafting and editing copy) and big-picture work (e.g., defining alliances strategy)
- Strong written and spoken communication skills across stakeholder audiences
- Ability to coach, develop, and manage a team of direct reports with empathy and candor
- Versatility and comfort with the change and uncertainty of working in an early-stage startup, and in helping others navigate those challenges
- Personal lived experience with the criminal justice system
- Experience leading and scaling diverse, dynamic, high-performing teams in a startup/entrepreneurial context
- Experience in recruiting, talent acquisition, or job placement services
- Experience with HubSpot, our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool
- Ability to enhance awareness and uptake of Honest Jobs’ services via personal and professional relationships, social media reach, etc.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEOC guidelines. We're a fair-chance (second-chance) employer and actively encourage people with personal lived experience with the criminal justice system to apply.
Pay range: $115,000 to $125,000 per year, paid semi monthly. All employees receive stock options.
Benefits: For all full-time employees, we offer medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k), and paid time off (PTO).
Location: In this role, you can be based in Colorado, Georgia, Missouri, New York, or Ohio. Our CEO is based in Denver and our VP of Strategy & Business Development, in NYC. Initially, co-locating for a few days at a time will be beneficial. Occasional travel will be likely after that.